Thursday, September 07, 2006




San Marcos thru Palo Duro – 9/6/06

I’m here in Palo Duro Canyon State Park, sitting at a beautiful campsite on the canyon floor. Near as I can tell, I’m the only one here in a tent.. But I’m ahead of myself.

I had a nice visit with Jon in San Marcos, We watched the football game on Saturday night and then went to Three Rivers church on Sunday. This church normally meets in the student center on campus, but for this one time they were meeting at a park down by the river, where they baptized 8 into Christ. This was quite an event, and a bit different from the typical ceremony in the Baptistry.

Then I drove to Rhome for a nice visit with my parents and the Church of Christ there on Sunday night. After a couple of days it was off to Palo Duro.

Yesterday I hiked the river bottom and today hiked six miles to the Lighthouse. This is a formation for which Palo Duro is famous. I’ve included several pictures along the way..

So much for the arid climate. They had heavy rains before I arrived and it rained both nights I was here. Made for quite a mess to get packed up this morning.

1 comment:

nemattox said...

The pictures are beautiful, Dad!