Thursday, October 22, 2009

Texas Hill Country 2009
I moved to Bandera on the 15th of October, and picked up Gail for a long weekend stay on the way. Sorry, Gail, I guess all the decent pictures of you are on your camera. But, we visited a few of the old reliable sites in the area, as well as a few new, more out-of-the way places.
We took a scenic drive around the area, but unfortunately the leaves have not yet begun to turn. It has been dry here, so the rivers were low, but I did get these shots of the Medina and Sabinal rivers.
We also spent an afternoon/evening in San Antonio at the Alamo and the River Walk, which were quaint, but inspiring as usual.
Gail suggested a stop at the Medina Garden Nursery, which at first seemed a bit odd. But it was a very nice garden in Medina which caters to local plants and butterflies. Here is a nice butterfly perched on a beautiful Turk's Cap.

We didn't see a lot of wildlife, but I did catch these at midday from the comfort of my porch.

We topped things off with a slice of pie from the Lost Maples Cafe in Utopia. Just another nice, relaxing weekend in the Texas Hill Country. Another month of this, and I'll be spoiled rotten.

No comments: