Monday, April 26, 2010

First Time Homeowner
As several have observed, it has been a long while since I've posted. And, for those who've asked...no, I'm not still in Ireland!
After almost 4 years in motion, I've decided to settle down a bit in Wilmington, NC. After a few months of toying with the idea of developing some rural property, I finally settled on buying a house in a subdivision. I bought a fixer upper, a foreclosure, and have moved in. So, I've gone from world traveller to Mr Fixit.
The work has just begun, but here are a few pictures of the place when I moved in. As you can see, I'm still camping out. Later this week I'll travel to Houston to move my furnishings from storage.
Note, the column laying on the porch.
After a few days of cleaning, my first order of business was to add a new microwave over the stove replace the vent hood which had been ripped out. I'm still working getting a new stove installed.
Then, I decided I couldn't live with the dark green/chocolate brown color of the dining/living area. Here is a picture of the original color and the new one.
And, best of all, according to the government, I'm a first time homebuyer. So, thanks everyone for chipping in on my home purchase.

1 comment:

Dee said...

Great looking place.. u'll love playing "Mr Fixit"

Looking forward to more pics.. Love the new color.. and the microwave.... at least now u wont starve!! LOL